Free Counter Winter On The Equator: An Enormous Dick. Head.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

An Enormous Dick. Head.

Last week was a rough one for Homunculus. His sunburn started to peal, causing his arms to resemble molting snakes, and his raging case of mid-summer hemorrhoids, which he had vanquished and left for dead, returned with a burning vengeance. His job search continued to yield frustratingly fruitless results, as did his lady hunt. (In a sadistic attempt to profit off his misfortune, HJR’s friends -- both of them -- have started a pool based on which will happen first, Homunculus finding employment or Homunculus finding boobies?) Speaking of employment searches and copulatory disasters, John McCain and Bristol -- er, Sarah -- Palin took center stage last week -- and appeared to be a success. The pundits all agreed that McCain accomplished his goal of impressing even Homunculus with his acceptance speech. Not good for America, not good for Homunculus (who, despite growing up pampered in Silicon Valley, is now definitively a member of the working class (and by "working class," I mean lower-middle class, not people who are actually working)). To top things off, my beloved 49ers opened another embarrassing season by losing to a team quarterbacked by a member of Palin’s Christ Squad.

So, bad week.

Fortunately Steve Warshak was there to cushion the blow. "Who is Steve Warshak?" you ask.

I’m glad you did.

Warshak is the founder of a company called Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, best known -- or, more accurately, only known -- for a "natural male enhancement" product called Enzyte, the commercials for which you’ve surely seen if you watch a lot of ESPN Classic at 3:00 a.m. They feature "Smilin' Bob," an average-looking middle-aged man, and a jackass of biblical scale, who can’t stop smiling because of the improvements in his sex life. Here he is in action, sort of:






Now, be honest. How much would you pay to wipe that grin off Bob’s face with a swift kick to his naturally-enhanced male parts? I’d pay $60.00 -- which, coincidentally, is exactly the price I would not pay for a packet of Enzyte. Yet being profoundly retarded is the least of these ads’ transgressions. They prey on the single largest (as it weren’t) insecurity of every man (your humble blogger excepted, of course) and parlay those insecurities into ill-gotten revenue with patently false promises. In short, Warshak is a textbook mountebank.*

Or rather, he was a textbook mountebank. Now he is a textbook case of white-collar crime. In February Warshak was convicted of 93 -- ninety-three! -- counts of conspiracy, fraud, and money laundering. (I still don't know what money laundering is exactly, but I know it has something to do with being a ginormously corrupt piece of shit.) Last week Warshak was sentenced to 25 years in prison and ordered, along with several other defendants (including his 75-year-old mother!), to forfeit more than $500 million. Tough break there, Steve.

Here is a picture of the dickbreath:



Note the faintly dickish sneer, reminiscent of Maddox's "pedosmile." Good luck with that in the clink, cockbrain.

You might be thinking at this point, "Why does Homunculus seem so worked up about this? I bet he must be one of the millions of mediocrely-endowed men bilked out of hundreds of his hard-earned dollars." Wrong! You couldn't be more wrong. I simply love watching these pricks get caught. The only thing that gives me as much pleasure as when some homophobic senator gets caught tapping his foot under an adjacent men's room stall is when one of these greedy corporate bastards get nailed for fraud and money laundering. Yes, I live a petty, petty existence. But we've got to find joy in the little things, no?

After reading about Warshak and laughing maniacally for several minutes, I checked out his company's website. There's nothing too douchey about the site, though perhaps the "Berkeley in the News" page should have been a red flag for potential customers: every one of the "news" items was written by the company itself. Not too surprising.

What was surprising is that apparently Warhak and his dickolytes are still hiring. Well, lord knows ol' Homunculus could use a job. So, I applied. My cover letter is below. I'll keep you posted.

* I'll admit it. I only included that sentence so I could use the word "mountebank" in a blog entry. Finally.


To: recruiting@bpn.com

From: HomunculusJReilly@WOTE.com

RE: employment opportunities at BPN


Dear Sir or Madam (probably Sir):


After seeing Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals in the news last week, I explored your website. I am responding to the open invitation on your “Job Opportunities” page to apply for a position with BPN.


Idon’t need any of your products myself (particularly Enzyte… if you know what I mean ; ) ), but I have plenty of friends who have tried them, and I have always been fascinated with both biochemistry and creative writing. I recently completed my MFA in fiction at [HJR's grad school]. In addition to a near-perfect grade point average and exemplary written recommendations (available upon request), I served as the editor of [HJR's lit mag], the graduate program’s literary journal.


Besides my "official" accomplishments, I (believe it or not!) study microbiology and pharmaceutical biochemistry in my spare time. Finally, I am “intelligent, imaginative, and ambitious” (especially imaginative), the qualities you stated you most desire.


My resume is attached. I hope to talk with you to discuss my additional accomplishments and how I can contribute to your continued success. I look forward to hearing from you.


Sincerely,


Homunculus J. Reilly



P.S. I am willing to relocate to Cincinnati.


P.P.S. You need to update the “In the News” page of your website.


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choоsing from thе Proѵideг's PoolService providers generally have a combination of different technologies such as 2 G and 3 G mobile network, we are focused very much. The objective is to be stripped of the West knew these things must be done. And they'ге businesѕ justifіeԁ Νow
the conсept of ѵігtual orgаnizationѕ.


mу wеbpagе; internet marketing information

4:13 PM, April 10, 2013  
Blogger naukri easy said...

much i like to grasp from this website
but i found intresting in posting pool at www.naukrieasy.in

1:58 PM, March 09, 2019  
Blogger naukri easy said...

a great way you can check our website for more topics and feel to help us upgrade contents on topics
sarkari naukri in up
free job alert
sarkari naukri
sarkari naukri in jharkhand
freejobalert
free job alert
sarkari naukri in up
sarkari naukri in jharkhand

2:01 PM, March 09, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home