Free Counter Winter On The Equator: WOTE's Quote du Jour*

Saturday, October 11, 2008

WOTE's Quote du Jour*

"If I were a dictator, which I always aspire to be, I would write it a little bit differently."

-- John McCain, on the Wall Street bailout bill


Quote du Jour courtesy of:

"Lipstick on a Pig: A 2008 Campaign Quiz," in this week's New Yorker (the Politics Issue)


My only comment that is not a much-too-obvious joke is, How did this not get more coverage?? Seriously, if you Google the quote, only three links pop up, and two of them are from The New Yorker piece. (Then again, if you Google "John McCain" & "dictator," you get 1,080,000 results, so who knows.)

(Then again, again, if you Google "Barack Obama" & "dictator," you get 1,070,000 results. Don't you just love the Internet?)


* Despite its title, not a regular feature of WOTE. To be used only when I have no original thoughts of my own, nor any "WOTE (as-Fun-as-a-Fact-Can-Be) Fact of the Day" to use as equally indolent filler.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home