Free Counter Winter On The Equator: WOTE's (2nd) (as-Fun-as-a-Fact-Can-Be) Fact of the Day*

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

WOTE's (2nd) (as-Fun-as-a-Fact-Can-Be) Fact of the Day*

If 48 million votes were "perfectly" distributed, theoretically the presidency could be won with just 22% (48 out of 213 million) of the electorate's support. Twenty-two percent!


(As-Fun-as-a-Fact-Can-Be) Fact Courtesy of:


"How Much Is Your Vote Worth?" in yesterday's Times.


[When I was looking at the electoral map a few weeks ago, it occurred to me that there is no way California has "only" twenty times as many people as Wyoming or Alaska. I was going to write a quick entry about that particular flaw in the electoral college system (the others have been well-documented), but it looks like the Times beat me to it. They should really hire me, those guys.]


* Sort of like Harper’s Index, but even more funner.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home